Decades of Experience. A History of Results.
In 1957, Ed Steigerwaldt Sr. established a forestry and real estate consulting business with a goal of offering superior land management services. Over several decades that vision has been upheld and expanded by an exceptional staff of foresters, appraisers, GIS specialists, and real estate professionals with unsurpassed dedication to professional excellence and client satisfaction. While the business has grown and changed, our trademark hasn’t: Quality work fast, with honesty and integrity.LEARN MORE
Project Forester – Hayward
Steigerwaldt Land Services, Inc. is a full service forestry, GIS, real estate, surveying, and appraisal company with offices in Tomahawk and Hayward, Wisconsin; Chillicothe, Ohio; and Marquette, Michigan. Steigerwaldt has been a family owned and operated business since 1957.
Becoming a member of Steigerwaldt is more than just an opportunity to follow your passion in forestry. It is an opportunity to be a part of an organization that fosters professional growth, nurtures your talent, and allows you to take ownership of your career path. A strong sense of brand, culture, and values define our company and our team. Our office culture is one that values synergy in the office and in the field.
Steigerwaldt creates a transparent and inclusive environment that involves you in company strategic planning, career development, and a vested interest in company success.
The intrinsic benefit of Steigerwaldt’s work environment is complimented with a full benefit package* including:
- Profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
* Following the successful completion of a probationary period. Salaries commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like the supportive, passion-driven, professional environment you will thrive in, please apply to join our team. We are currently seeking one full-time, project forester position in our Hayward office. This is considered a mid-level position, requiring previous professional experience.
The ideal candidate would meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Science degree in forestry
- Desire to develop a career as a professional forester in a fast-paced and diverse consulting business
- Minimum of five years of experience in Lake States forestry
- Experienced in Lake States forest management, timber harvest administration, and WI forest tax law programs
- Experience working independently and as part of a team in varied settings, both in the field and with clients and other professionals
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with GPS data collecting and processing
- Experience with ESRI ArcView GIS software and GIS mapping and data collection principles
- Ability to travel and conduct overnight work away from the Hayward office – travel 15 to 25 percent
- Current valid driver’s license with personal vehicle suitable for forestry work (mileage is reimbursed)
- Interest in involvement in professional organizations to further education and develop working relationships with other professional foresters
- A team player who is self-confident, respectful, curious, and flexible in their work
Posting Date: December 28, 2018. Position will be filled ASAP. Interviews will be scheduled in January. Expected start date is in February. Please note that this position may be filled sooner, as there is flexibility in the start date. Your resume with cover letter is to be transmitted by mail or email to the contact below and received no later than Friday, January 18, 2019.
Steigerwaldt Land Services, Inc.
11242N Gorski Road
Hayward, Wisconsin 54843
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org