Decades of Experience. A History of Results.
In 1957, Ed Steigerwaldt Sr. established a forestry and real estate consulting business with a goal of offering superior land management services. Over several decades that vision has been upheld and expanded by an exceptional staff of foresters, appraisers, GIS specialists, and real estate professionals with unsurpassed dedication to professional excellence and client satisfaction. While the business has grown and changed, our trademark hasn’t: Quality work fast, with honesty and integrity.LEARN MORE
Steigerwaldt Land Services, Inc. is a full service forestry, GIS, real estate, surveying, and appraisal company with offices in Tomahawk and Hayward, Wisconsin; Negaunee, Michigan; and Chillicothe, Ohio. We are currently looking to fill a GIS Analyst position requiring previous experience and strong analytic skills. The GIS Analyst will work as an integral team member as part of the Steigerwaldt Analysis and Technology Solutions department. This group provides a variety of real estate, natural resource, and forestry-related analysis, inventory, data management, and mapping and technical solutions services to internal and external clients.
The ideal candidate would meet the following criteria:
- ArcGIS Desktop skills are required
- ArcGIS Online skills preferred
- Mobile GIS and data application skills preferred
- Experience in ArcGIS Server, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, SQL, or Python preferred
- GIS spatial analytical skills required
- Ability to integrate GIS and GPS applications and data
- Ability to conduct mapping data research and secure and apply GIS data from different geographic regions
- Microsoft Office experience is required
- Ability to work with large datasets, maintain data integrity, data migration, data organization, product summary reports, and statistics
- Ability to produce professional, high quality, GIS-based hard copy and digital cartographic products
- Ability to interpret and work with digital aerial imagery and satellite data
- Knowledgeable in real estate and general land survey applications
- Attention to detail and an analytic mindset
- Interest in field applications and ability to assist in field data collection support
- Experience with mobile field hardware and emerging applications
In addition to meeting the key competency expectations above, successful applicants would have the ability to communicate verbally and in written form with management, support staff, and clients. The ability to maintain a high level of work and project organization is necessary for this position as well. Strong candidates will have interest and experience in research, with the eagerness to learn new technology and applications.
Location: Position will be located at our Tomahawk, Wisconsin, office.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Travel: Although an office-based position, brief travel assignments may be required. Additionally, travel between office locations on multi-day trips would be required on an infrequent basis.
Posting Date: March 13, 2019. Position will be filled within one to two months. Interviews will be scheduled throughout this time period. Your resume with cover letter is to be transmitted by mail or email to the contact below.
Steigerwaldt Land Services, Inc.
Attn: Jennifer Turkiewicz, Forestry Administrative Coordinator
856 North 4th Street
Tomahawk, WI 54487
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org