President and C.E.O.
As owner of Steigerwaldt Land Services, Inc. Mr. Steigerwaldt directs daily business management and co-directs the staff of appraisers, foresters, land sales managers, and assistants. A forester and certified general appraiser with over 40 years of experience, he has appraised waterfront, recreational, forestland, residential, commercial, agricultural, and industrial property, as well as easements and individual trees and landscaping. He currently conducts real estate and tree appraisals throughout Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and other states. Mr. Steigerwaldt has served as an expert witness in over 100 court proceedings regarding tree value, easements, and real estate disputes in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, California, and Oregon. He is a frequent presenter on the topics of real estate and tree appraisal. Mr. Steigerwaldt also has decades of experience as a Wisconsin tax assessor.
- Tree and Landscape Appraisal – Montana Nursery & Landscape Association, Billings, Montana, 2013
- Tree Appraisal Class – American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers, Tomahawk, Wisconsin, 2012
- Christmas Tree, Shade Tree, and Landscape Appraisal – Association of Consulting Foresters, Louisville, Kentucky, 2012
- Tree Appraisal Workshop – Maine Chapter of the Association of Consulting Foresters, Portland, Maine, 2009
- A Real Estate Professional’s View of Tree Appraisal – American Society of Consulting Arborists, Tucson, Arizona, 2008
- “Christmas Tree and Ornamental Tree Valuation,” “Residential Site Inspections,” and “Christmas Tree Site Inspection” – International Right of Way Association, Tomahawk, Wisconsin, 2008
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science in Forestry, 1970
- Appraisal Institute and Society of Real Estate Appraisers: Many classes on residential appraisals, income approach techniques, and Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice. Completed the “Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions” course on May 8, 2004.
- Wisconsin Certified General Appraiser No. 293
- Minnesota Certified General Appraiser No. 20183266
- Michigan Certified General Appraiser No. 1201001969
- Wisconsin Licensed Real Estate Broker No. 6461-90
- International Right-of-Way Association
- Association of Consulting Foresters of America, Inc. (current Financial Director and past President)
- Society of American Foresters
- State of Michigan Registered Forester
- Xi Sigma Pi, Scholastic Honor Society
- University of Michigan – Society of Les Voyageurs
- Wisconsin Christmas Tree Growers Association (past President and Director)
- ACF Representative for American Tree Farm System 2004-2005
- Distinguished Forester of the National Association of Consulting Foresters, 2012
- 715.453.3274, ext. 313